Becoming an Alpha like dad...

How will you live yours?

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Chatbox  

Go down 
+5
LoneFemale
lanrox
Night Shadow
Kirozanagi
Kihyah
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

Male Registered : 2010-06-01

Becoming an Alpha like dad... Empty
PostSubject: Becoming an Alpha like dad...   Becoming an Alpha like dad... Icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2012, 6:59 pm

Kodak shuffles his paws along the ground not really much looking where he was going he runs into a few trees and shrubs, he was absolutely miserable having lost his family which seemed like just yesterday the pain was so great. His dreams having been haunted by the images of his fathers limp body rolling down the embankment, a pup who had thought his dad invincible having seen him come out of more worse scrapes alive couldn't much comprehend how this had all happened and he wanted to blame everything and everyone possible. But now that the anger was subsiding and the denial was gone he was left feeling completely alone and empty inside, what should he do...then he heard his fathers voice in his head almost as if he were standing right next to him speaking however it was only a memory of lessons he had learned as a pup. ' If you plan on surviving Kodak you'll need to be part of a pack, whether you're Alpha or Omega...a wolf can never survive alone too long...plus you have a soul mate to be on the look out for and I'm sure she'll be just as wonderful as your mom.' He smiles as he remembered telling his dad that girls were gross and he'd never want that...he smiled because his father had smiled down at him as if to say one day you'll understand. He always did say that a lot when he was growing up, that one day he'd understand...he just wasn't sure how he was going to understand the world taking his family from him when he was just about to leave them anyways...why be cast out in such a cruel way? Learn from this Kodak, he thought to himself...that's what dad would want you to do. So he sighs softly and lifts his head, howling out for any wolves in the area to hear him and praying that they would respond back. If he wanted to learn anything he first had to know how to make a pack work and he certainly wanted to make his dad proud of him even though he was dead.
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: Becoming an Alpha like dad...   Becoming an Alpha like dad... Icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2012, 8:38 pm

Silence met him, so he had set out for the one den he remembered as a pup. It wasn't hard to find and it brought memories flooding back to him. It was the old bear den they had resided in when dad and his sister had been taken by the humans to get fixed up and ended in his father loosing his eyesight. He couldn't be certain of any scents around the area but his eyesight and hearing were sharp and as far as he could tell nothing had been here since then. He felt it was safe so he decided to walk in, he saw faded images of his family as they moved around the den and watched as he played with his mother then cuddled up with her. His heart ached and a small tear rolled down his cheek to the ground as they slowly faded away into his mind, he sighs softly as his stomach growled angrily at him. He hadn't eaten in days but he really hadn't felt hungry until now. So he heads out, remembering what his father taught him and marks the outside of the den to indicate to others that he lived there now and expected it to be empty when he returned. But to mark a trail to find prey was difficult, he couldn't smell anything right and had discovered this one day while playing with his sisters...not able to smell the bear close by he had wandered to close and had almost been prey to it when his parents had fought it off. That was when he thought his dad and mom were invincible, they always came out of things with a great fighting spirit. So instead of marking a trail as he walks up the large hillside to look down on the terrain he instead claws at a tree a couple of times so he had a visual marker instead of a scent one.
Back to top Go down
Kirozanagi
` pup

Kirozanagi

Artist / Semi-Lit RPer

Male Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Becoming an Alpha like dad...   Becoming an Alpha like dad... Icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2012, 10:17 pm

Becoming an Alpha like dad... 9_Timber-Wolf

[It's so long ._.]
InuFang:.
Brightness, then darkness, then brightness again. She had been in her home turf until a sharp pain made it's way into her side, and the world had gone blurry. Well, when it had first gone blurry anyway. She remembered weak fleshy creatures hurling her into a small cold... den? No, It was too strangely shaped to be a den. and there were only slits of light. She remembered The loud growl of some unearthly beast, and after a few more moments of fighting off the overwhelming urge to rest, she let herself fall unwillingly into the darkness.

The next she opened her eyes she was in some white place- had she died? No, there wasn't something right about it... There was a half decayed elk carcass, and a small crevice of water... but this place was unfamiliar... She remembered being in that place for a while... It felt like months, then the tall pale things opened the rock around her.. they had shiny things in their mouths on their long necks- three heads? What were those horrid things? She remembered her childhood, and how her grandmother had told stories of the humans. They were tall pale things, with three heads and they were capable of magic. The next thing she had felt was another sharp pain, and the feeling of something trying to strangle her, leading her farther into the darkness again..... Next she woke up, there was a faint hum above her and she could smell the forest once again.. It wasn't the same though. Everything was... Different.

Dragging herself to her feet a slight jingle at her throat alerted her to a strange object tethered around her neck. A vine? no... Somehow she couldn't reach it with her muzzle, and the thick reinforced fabric proved to be impervious to her claws. The first thing to snap her from her daze was a drawn out howl. She would have returned it, but her throat was dry to the bone. First she would have to find a drink, and maybe a meal. Then she would have all the time in the world to go exploring.

After that traumatic ordeal, everything was still disorganized in her head. She had expected to become the meal of those magic human things, but somehow she'd escaped- and she couldn't even remember how. The soft quiet beeping at the back of her collar went unnoticed as she had been hearing it the whole time she was unconscious. Lifting her muzzle into the air, she sniffed for what she hoped to be water, and then she tried to listen for running water. After such a long time in captivity, tuning out the quiet sounds of the outdoors was difficult, but eventually she managed it.

Somehow they had dropped her in the middle some place. That was all she knew. So following the faint sound of a river of some sort, she started a quick walking pace, unintentionally heading towards the howl from before. Even as she neared the massive creek she could smell dozens of overlapping scents from hare and elk- this place might as well have been raining food. Perhaps she would explore this place before gong home. But she knew she would go home. She was going to protect her... what was she going to protect? her territory? It was a mass of tree stumps and filth. Her family- what family? She'd been a loner for a long while... None the less, even if this place was better, she needed to teach those magic humans a lesson.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Becoming an Alpha like dad...   Becoming an Alpha like dad... Icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2012, 11:05 pm

silent snakes howls for other wolfs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Becoming an Alpha like dad...   Becoming an Alpha like dad... Icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2012, 11:30 pm

and i came and i killed 2 hunters to feed my family
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: Becoming an Alpha like dad...   Becoming an Alpha like dad... Icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2012, 11:36 pm

Kodak stops dead in his tracks, he heard and saw things he never imagined to hear or see again. Wolves...real life wild wolves like himself, one had howled and he couldn't see the wolf but by the tone of voice it sounded like a young male. The other he saw a few miles out from him, that wolf on the other hand was a female and she had one of those special collars on that the humans had made his family wear for awhile. " HEY!" he barks calling out to the female as he starts to trot towards her. He howls for the male wolf to locate him by so he could follow the sounds to them.

For the first time in a long time his tail was finally wagging, he wasn't alone anymore and it made his spirits rise. Perhaps the female would understand the horrible injustices the humans forced upon wolves, she just had too because well she was wearing one of those things around her neck that drew humans too them...that didn't stop him from wanting to meet her even though he had just lost his family to them. No instead it drew him in more because he wanted revenge for his families death.
Back to top Go down
Kirozanagi
` pup

Kirozanagi

Artist / Semi-Lit RPer

PostSubject: Re: Becoming an Alpha like dad...   Becoming an Alpha like dad... Icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2012, 10:37 am

She stopped in her tracks, and her ears perked as she heard something behind her. Looking over her shoulder she saw another wolf. There were other wolves here? No, of course there were other wolves here. If there wasn't then something would have been seriously wrong, there was just too much food and water and shelter here. If there weren't other wolfes there would have to be a trick to it. She was feeling rather irritable right now, so the best kind of greeting she could give was a rough dry bark. "Hey yourself." Then she kept on towards the water, it was only a few feet off anyway. As she made a quick drink of the cool water, and finally felt somewhat better, she looked again at the other wolf in the distance. Did he see how she got here? No, probably not- he was too far away, there was no way he would know. But, it never hurt to ask.

The low howl of the approaching male, and some other wolf reached her ears, but she still didn't feel like howling in return. This place was too strange, too foreign. Taking another drink form the water, she began to walk towards the one wolf she was actually able to see. There were questions that needed answering. But something about him seeled strange- he looked too happy.
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: Becoming an Alpha like dad...   Becoming an Alpha like dad... Icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2012, 4:44 pm

Kodak slowed his pace just slightly when he heard her harsh hey yourself back, but he didn't care to stop because he was still too happy to see another wolf. He watched her drink out of the creek and he licked his own lips as his mouth suddenly seemed a lot dryer then previously but he knew it was just that he hadn't been really focused on how he was feeling physically rather then emotionally. So once near her he gives her a little smile before dipping his head down to lap up a few cool swallows into his mouth then turns back to her hoping that she had news about the humans...maybe she even knew what had become of his sisters...that was a big maybe he already knew that but he would never give up hope that somehow maybe his mother and sisters had made it out of all that alive. " I'm Kodak...my family used to own these lands, now I kinda do...I see you have one of those things the humans track us with on your neck." he says plopping his rump down to bring up his back right paw and scratch at his ear while he waited to hear possibly her name or a story as to how she got the collar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Becoming an Alpha like dad...   Becoming an Alpha like dad... Icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2012, 11:06 pm

as he howled agian he started to wander off to see if he could find any wolfs will he was looking he saw hunters and ran before they shot while he was running he saw 2 more wolfs and warned them that hunters were coming then i ran agian so i didnt get shot
Back to top Go down
Kirozanagi
` pup

Kirozanagi

Artist / Semi-Lit RPer

PostSubject: Re: Becoming an Alpha like dad...   Becoming an Alpha like dad... Icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2012, 11:05 pm

[isn't it illegal to hunt in yellow stone? Well, even so I don't think it stops people from doing it...]
She watched yet another wolf enter her field of vision and disappear just as fast as her arrived. From the short barrage of barks he gave, it sounded as though there were hunters nearby. The dirty and harsh smell of humans was sure enough in the air, carried by the wind. Her eyes narrowed. This kid knew something about what had happened, sure enough he spoke and he knew something about the strange thing around her neck. The humans could track her? This was some unsettling news. But for now, it seemed that the immediate threat was getting away from here, and the hunters that were close by. The thought of the strange humans made her even more intent on getting away from there. "Kodak was it? It sounds like there's something going on, but I need to talk to you. Come on." Hopefully the kid would follow, but for now she was primarily focused on getting into an area with at least some trees, the creek was just too uncovered, and that gave the humans an advantage and a better range. Taking off at a sprint she headed to the treeline to find some sort of a hiding spot. She'd see the magic sticks the humans had before. They spit smoke and could rip a full grown wolf up without even touching it. Not to mention the thunder they held. She'd seen one of the humans use one before, and it wasn't a pretty sight.

Back to top Go down
Night Shadow
` alpha
Night Shadow

Night Sahdow

Male Location : PLANT EARTH

PostSubject: Re: Becoming an Alpha like dad...   Becoming an Alpha like dad... Icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2012, 11:19 pm

[hehe just popping inYeah its ileagle but people do it all the time]
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: Becoming an Alpha like dad...   Becoming an Alpha like dad... Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2012, 1:18 am

[b]Kodak nods in agreement already antsy to get the heck out of there and fast. When she ran for the treeline he bolted, even passing her to get there as the memory of his dads dead body flashed before his minds eye. He turns his head to see if they were after them but they seemed only interested in the other male at the time being. He was nimble and quick like his mother and was thankful he had such genes to help keep him safe. He slows once they were inside the woods but continues forward wanting to put as much distance between them and the hunters as possible, his ears twisted as he heard that all too familiar sound of that strange machine that had brought his father and sister home so many years ago. It seemed it was chasing the hunters and he heard the humans loudly in their language yelling something out as it crashed over the land. " I think those are the good guys..." he says somewhat to himself then to her and he stops to fully catch his breath from having raced out of there so suddenly.

[It's HIGHLY illegal but there still is poaching that goes on from time to time of wolves there and other animals too like bear and elk. It's a no hunting area because it's a national park, supposed to be protected like that...hence why the 'machine' aka the jeep is filled with park rangers getting after them. ^^]
Back to top Go down
Kirozanagi
` pup

Kirozanagi

Artist / Semi-Lit RPer

PostSubject: Re: Becoming an Alpha like dad...   Becoming an Alpha like dad... Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2012, 10:00 pm

[ugh, I'm finishing up some assignments that are due next week, they total to: 4 book reports, a creative project, and 4 more Chemistry tests... FUN. -_-; So im probably going be be somewhat inactive this week.]
Fang only stopped her running when a reasonable distance was placed between the humans and herself. Somehow, she had ended up following the male she'd run into, and she began her round of questions once she caught her breath. "You said the humans track with these... things." She practically snarled the last word, feeling a hatred at the knowledge that somewhere unknown to her, the humans could watch her every move and be able to find her. "What do you know about the humans? How do you know what this, what ever it is, is? You seem really knowledgeable about them." she narrowed her eyes. For all she knew this could be some more of the human's magic. "So, where exactly is here? I haven't the slightest clue since the humans dropped me here." She was going to go on the whim of her better judgement and denounce the thought of escaping on her own. With all the human's magic, there was NO way she escaped on her own. And the fact she had a thing to be tracked with proved that she wasn't truly free. "Anyway, Kodak was it?, my name is Fang... or at least it is now...." She kept the grim memory in the back of her mind and tried to focus on all the current issues.
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: Becoming an Alpha like dad...   Becoming an Alpha like dad... Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2012, 12:17 am

Kodak listens to her barrage of questions, " Well Fang...my dad taught me these things, he even knew the human language like he knew wolves language...he told me the humans call those collars and I know they can track you cause that's how the humans found our family. But they were good humans, all they wanted was to help us but there were others...they wanted harm to come to us, I hope it's the nice ones...I would like to see them again." he says thinking back on how kind those humans were, his dad had warned them that humans were mainly dangerous. " I know only a little bit of their language, from what my father told me but I never paid much attention to it...kind of wish I had now...I just thought he was over reacting with the humans since we hadn't seen any bad one's in years I figured we were all safe...I guess I was wrong." he sighs, " Those humans that shot those thing my dad calls hunters, but they're not like normal hunters cause they don't hunt for meat...they hunt for 'trophy's' taking pelts and leaving the rest...my dad says...said, it was an ugly thing to see...he had been taken by human hunters when he was a pup...used to tell us pups stories about it at night...about his life growing up with the humans. The one's who took you...were you in a white room?" he asks curious to know if those three humans were back who were so kind to his family thinking maybe they could help him now.

[That's okay. It's understandable and good luck with all of that.]
Back to top Go down
lanrox
` omega

lanrox

Female Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Becoming an Alpha like dad...   Becoming an Alpha like dad... Icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2012, 4:47 am

Becoming an Alpha like dad... Wolf2.jpg&imgh=560&imgw=558&imgsize=54

[can i join?]
Khione walked in cautiously. She knew that this was another wolf's territory, but she was determined to explore.
She howled, her voice loud and clear. She shambled forward and listened. No reply. well, maybe i'll just set up camp. she thought, and dug a hole by a stream.
She Stepped out and howled again, then listened intently for sounds of a reply.
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: Becoming an Alpha like dad...   Becoming an Alpha like dad... Icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2012, 7:05 pm

Kodaks ears stood on end when he heard the call of another wolf, he was not just shocked but amazed by it for all the times he had lived in Yellowstone with his family they had been the only wolves. He wondered if perhaps it was due to the migration of the elk from the colder months starting to set in. His father and mother had taught him that unlike their pack others followed herds to keep their bellies full but they remained here because of the limited human action and well he and his sisters were only pups, unable to make the vast journeys others did. He shook his head, enough living in the past for one moment. He heard the howl again and threw his head back to let out his own deep howl inviting the wolf to come meet him and Fang, as well as letting out another howl to warn the wolf of dangerous humans not wanting the wolf to befall the same fate as his father.

[Yes you're welcome to join. ^^ More the merrier]
Back to top Go down
lanrox
` omega

lanrox

PostSubject: Re: Becoming an Alpha like dad...   Becoming an Alpha like dad... Icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2012, 10:02 pm

Khione barked in reply and headed of in Kodak's direction. Her legs pumped furiously. Company at last! Khione skidded to a halt in front of him. Her tail wagged. "Hi!" she piped cheerfully.

[well I'm not sure bout the ranks. I know your pack is mostly empty. but Khione's not a pup, and she has a fear of heights, which doesn't make her a good hunter. thanks for letting me join Wink ]
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: Becoming an Alpha like dad...   Becoming an Alpha like dad... Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2012, 2:18 am

Kodaks tail immediately began to wag, the energy that ebbed off this particular wolf was contagious plus he was happy to have the distraction from all the things that had just recently happened with losing his family. " Hey there. I'm Kodak." he says with a silly grin on his face, he would have memorized the scent of the new wolf knowing that it too probably wished to become part of his pack but unfortunately his nose always steered him wrong. This had become apparent one day when he was a pup as he had mistaken a Kodiak bear for another wolf, it had steered him into danger and his parents had both come to his rescue it was hence why he had adorned the name Kodak because he couldn't pronounce Kodiak correctly. " What's your name?" he asks curious as to what the wolf was called and wondering if perhaps there was as unique a story behind it as his own.

[No worries and I'll find a rank for you then as soon as the wolves have some interaction so I can determine where best your wolf would be suited.]
Back to top Go down
lanrox
` omega

lanrox

PostSubject: Re: Becoming an Alpha like dad...   Becoming an Alpha like dad... Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2012, 2:45 am

Khione smiled. "i'm Khione, nice to meet you! what's your name?" Her tail wagged happily. "do you live here?"

Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: Becoming an Alpha like dad...   Becoming an Alpha like dad... Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2012, 3:02 am

Kodak laughs, " I told you my name silly. It's Kodak and yeah I live here. This is my home...has been since I was just a pup." he tells the female wolf with a grin and his tongue hanging out the right side of his mouth in a light pant.
Back to top Go down
lanrox
` omega

lanrox

PostSubject: Re: Becoming an Alpha like dad...   Becoming an Alpha like dad... Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2012, 3:08 am

Khione laughed. "Cool. i'm gonna stay here for a while." She trotted to the base of a tree and dug a big hole. "There!" She grinned, satisfied. She then burrowed inside, her head poking out.
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: Becoming an Alpha like dad...   Becoming an Alpha like dad... Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2012, 3:52 pm

Kodak laughs and flips over onto his back to paw at the sky playfully, he was already liking this new wolf as she just had a way about her that made life just seem fun in all aspects. He had never met a wolf like her before as his father had been rather strict and his mother had been playful but she was an alpha's mate, no this wolf reminded him of the story his parents told him about Omegas and how they were a key essential to any pack because that one wolf could stop a fight and turn it into a laughing fest before things even got out of hand. They were treated like subordinates but his father had particularly drilled this in him from early on that to have a big and successful pack he needed a wolf that could cheer everyone up should it be needed. " Hey," he says after catching his breath from laughing at her big head poking out of such a small hole. " How would you like to be part of my pack?" he asks wanting her to fill the role of Omega. " I think you'd make a great Omega, but you wouldn't have to eat last...I'm nothing like my dad, I don't really stick by rules too much." he says as he stretches out on the ground before rising to sit once more and shake out his pelt of any dirt he may have gotten on it.
Back to top Go down
lanrox
` omega

lanrox

PostSubject: Re: Becoming an Alpha like dad...   Becoming an Alpha like dad... Icon_minitimeNovember 18th 2012, 2:57 am

Khione grinned and trotted out of the den. "Do you mean that? " She had wanted to find some friends here, but this was more than she had hoped for. She smiled and rolled in the mud, turning her snowy white pelt a shade of brown. She started digging a mud wallow, she had loved the mud since she was a pup. Her tongue lolled happily as mud flew everywhere, spraying on Kodak's pelt and turning it all muddy and dirty. She laughed and dived into the mud wallow, then came up laughing so hard she almost choked.
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: Becoming an Alpha like dad...   Becoming an Alpha like dad... Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2012, 3:36 am

Kodak laughs as he watches the excited wolf, shaking out his pelt when she sprayed him with mud and moved to get out of the way of the path of spray. " Yeah I mean it. I'd love for you to stay here and help me make a pack of wolves so strong that not even human hunters would dare try anything." he says with a playful growl to indicate he meant business about those humans as he got low on his front fores slightly, leaping into the muddy pit with the wolf as he too wanted just to let loose right now since he didn't need to hunt until later that night.
Back to top Go down
lanrox
` omega

lanrox

PostSubject: Re: Becoming an Alpha like dad...   Becoming an Alpha like dad... Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2012, 4:31 am

" Thanks !" Khione grinned and rolled around in the mud. Suddenly her stomach growled. "i better hunt. wanna come with me?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Becoming an Alpha like dad...   Becoming an Alpha like dad... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next