Making an appearance. - Page 4

How will you live yours?

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Chatbox  

Making an appearance.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
UrufuChi
` dispersal

UrufuChi

Female Location : In your house eating your food

Making an appearance. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2010, 12:10 am

Moonlight upon hearing yell mom made her smile sweetly. She moved out of the way when he came out of the pile "Did the wound reopen?" she asked concernly, the smile disappearing. She didn't want to mention the 'mom' thing yet but son she did "When you where up there you yelled out mom. Do you really think I acted like one?" she asked sweetly trying not to make him nervous. She shakes the snow off her thick fur before it turned to water. The wolf crawled to him and sits beside him, her tail wagging in a fast pace.
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

Male Registered : 2010-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2010, 2:18 pm

Jay was focused on his butt, when she asked if it was alright he stops licking it to let her see almost as a child would show it's mother a scraped knee. He nods to indicate that it was indeed okay then turns to continue at it when he hears her ask him about his proclamation of 'MOM' at the top of the ridge. He raises his hinds up turning his body fully as it followed where his head had been so that she couldn't see the look of pain etched upon his face. His real mother had been very dear to him and it felt almost as if he were betraying her by thinking of the other wolf as his mom. He swallows hearing her question before he'd choke back emotions to give out as monotone as he could a simple "Yes, you would make an excellent mother to any pup." When she crawled over and sat down beside him he had felt her approaching, it didn't take him much to let his face go dull so that she couldn't read it. The pain of his memories still to great to share and he was uncertain if he would ever find anyone to share it with, it was his own burden to bear. He sighs softly before turning to her and forcing a smile upon his maw, " So what now? I thought we were supposed to be looking for a den." he laughs a little standing before turning to look at her, his mind leaving all those cares behind as it focused now on other things.
Back to top Go down
UrufuChi
` dispersal

UrufuChi

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2010, 4:52 pm

Moonlight, from seeing the wound, winces. She actualy didn't like the looks of other people's wounds. She smiled when he nodded, made her feel better but when he, to her ears, complemented her about being a great mom she couldn't help keep her 'aws' silent. "Awww, thank you." she smiled then looks at him with a puzzeled look then smiled again when he looked at her. "Uh, yeah. Let's go." she stands up and walks around the pile of snow sniffing it. "There's a female fox scent on here. There must be a den this way." she heads left of the pile, walking at an average pace.
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2010, 6:10 pm

Jay listens to her for a moment before sniffing the spot she indicated held the vixens scent before he followed her. His nose to the ground snorting in the smell as he followed it and he raised his head when it started getting stronger to let out a howl indicating he was on the trail. He bounded forward past Moonlight as he weaved through the dead forest trees, sucking in the air through his nose in grunting noises as he pulled as much scent out of the surrounding atmosphere as possible. He loved this game, follow the smell he remembered playing it as a pup and happily tracked down where the hole was he sits on his hinds near the mound of the den waiting for Moonlight proud of himself that he had found it for them.
Back to top Go down
UrufuChi
` dispersal

UrufuChi

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2010, 6:59 pm

[color=red]Moonlight looks at the howling wolf before looking ahead seeing him pass her. "For fun or is he following the scent?" she wispered to herself then runs after him, weaving through the trees as he did. She skids to a stop beside them. She was proud of him, finding a den before she did "Good job, Jay. You might be a leader after all." she complemented and heads into the den sniffing around to see if the vixen was around instead of the adult she finds the kids. She gets out "There are kids in there, what should we do. I'm not killing kids." she said her voice having a concerned tone.
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2010, 10:38 pm

Jay whimpers hearing there were pups inside, he steps in front of her and sits down. " No one's gonna be killing no one." he says furrowing his brow and giving a stubborn look towards the fae, "We'll find a place that isn't occupied." he says getting up and pushing her away from the fox den before he continues forward. His snout going down to the snow and starts snorting in some scents trying to pick up something knowing now that anything too fresh and they would probably run into the animal and or it's family. So he continues in no particular direction at all searching for something.
Back to top Go down
UrufuChi
` dispersal

UrufuChi

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2010, 10:58 pm

Moonlight barks at him when he pushed her away from the den. She just sat there not moving an inch and sighs. Her caring instincs kicked in " Can't leave them here. What if she abandoned them? I haven't smelled any food for miles." she mumbled and kinda hoped he heard her.
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2010, 11:15 pm

Jay looks towards the fae turning back around hearing her words, "And what if she didn't...vixens are not fun to fight when they think their pups are in danger...do you want to stay and find out?" he asks having faced plenty in his own day and had always run with his tail in between his legs. "We could I suppose stay awhile to make sure the mother comes back but we smelled fresh scent leading here. My guess is she's out either hunting or she's close by watching us and waiting to attack." then upon that thought his eyes dart around now a bit worried that the vixen were close at hand and ready to tear their throats out.
Back to top Go down
UrufuChi
` dispersal

UrufuChi

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2010, 11:53 pm

Moonlight sighs and her right ear twiched from hearing foot steps in the snow next to them "Well if she wants us away from her kits, why don't she come out from hiding." she says.Soon the vixen comes out and stops, keeping her distance from them "Okay, I'm out. Now stop away from the den." she growled.Moonlight shakes her head "You must tell us where an empty den is." she says with a small growl behind it. The fox snarls and steps closer "If it gets you away from the kids there's one a mile away from here."
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2010, 2:07 pm

Jay backs away his tail ducking between his legs as he let out a whimper, hearing a fight upon both their maws. He hated fighting when it broke out, it was awfully scary to watch two beasts ripping each other apart and had seen many wolves die doing such things. He had told Moonlight he didn't want to be there, why couldn't she have listened. He whimpers again as his pads dance on the snow nervously upon hearing more growling he cries out, "STOP IT! Both of you! We can talk without the angry voices." he demands before his voice grew terribly soft and was almost inaudible but loud enough for both of them to hear, " We mean you and your pups no harm Misses Vixen ma'am if we did they and you both would've been dead by now because you clearly must have seen her go into the den and me try to get her away. Just please tell us which direction this old den is and we will be on our way. You'll never have to see us again." he tells her keeping his head and ears low to indicate his submission towards the female fox. There was no need to fight over something like this, there was never really a need to fight unless something was trying to make a meal out of you. At least that was his beliefs on fighting.
Back to top Go down
UrufuChi
` dispersal

UrufuChi

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2010, 4:16 pm

Moonlight's stands her grounds, keeping her head and tail high as if saying 'back off or I'll bite.' She growls when the wolf barked at them "I will be nice untill this one backs down." her voice was loud as if a true leader would. The vixen snarls again " It's south of here, now get away from my den!" she took a step foward, ready to fight the bold wolf. She jumps at her and bites her ear while the wolf thrashes her around. Moonlight yips then bites onto her tail and throws the fox off. She jumps onto the fallen fox and snaps at her maw but doesn't touch it "Do that again and you'll see your children in fox hell." she warned and snaps onto the vixen's tail again and throws her into a tree. " Never mess with a white wolf!" she howls and walks off, her ear bleeding but tries ignoring the pain. The fox yips and whines as the wolf attacked her harshly and runs into her den after being thrown to a tree. Injured, she protects her cubs just incase the female tries to attack them..
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2010, 4:31 pm

Jay yips and cries as he runs southward away from the fighting, he had tried to stop it but it had happened anyway. He hated that others didn't see things the way he did, that everyone in the forests and plains were just trying to survive like everyone else and that together one day maybe they could take on the humans. Force them to realize that they weren't just 'dumb' animals to be hunted for sport and game. But how could he ever expect such things when they couldn't seem to ever find common ground. Sure he hunted the rabbit, deer, elk and bison for food but those animals seemed to understand that the wolf was just making them stronger creatures. Keeping the bloodlines pure they didn't hold grudges against them when walking through a herd just to pass by, they laid and were at peace with the wolves as the wolves were at peace with them. But when it came to other predators for some reason unknown to him it sent a fury up in them like hell had sprung forth from the ground and they always felt the need for violence and anger. He was more peaceful, a wolf who wanted to mend the broken ties between them but they were so persistent that sometimes it got him into trouble and turning tail to run was better then killing off the mother of a littler of kits for her being upset at their presence. She shouldn't have bit the other wolf, but the other wolf shouldn't have been so threatening he thought. It wasn't long before he stumbled upon the abandoned fox den, scared out of his mind he didn't want to venture inside so he waited for Moonlight to catch up with him.
Back to top Go down
UrufuChi
` dispersal

UrufuChi

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2010, 6:11 pm

Moonlight starts trotting when she found Jay's scent. She hated fighting anything that was a close to a wolf 'She attacked me first, I was just defending myself. And she should be lucky I spared her and her cubs life. If she would've showed a softer side I would show a less threatening side.' she thought along the way. She barked when she sees Jay and then ventures into the den. A fox's scent was there but it was stale. She pops her head out of the entrance "It's safe." she went back inside and curled up, her injured ear stayed high as the other one floped down. "I wish she hadn't attacked." she mummbles softly but loud enough for the male to hear.
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2010, 9:23 pm

Jay waited anxiously at the entrance while she searched out the den for more kits or foxes, dancing on his pads as he waits and when she pops her head out he jumps having expected what else he didn't know but he was still on edge about the fighting. Scooting into the den he starts working at the dens entrance, digging away dirt to make it so that any melting snow wouldn't instantly flood the cavern inside at the same time making it so that the hole wouldn't get covered too easily by snow leaving them without fresh air either. He was rather good at this part since one of his favorite things to do when he had a home was to dig a lot, having made something of fortress' when he was a pup for him and his brothers and sisters to play in. Claiming it as their dens and the such, one time having even dug a mud slide down a hill once so that when it rained they could go sliding down of course his parents hadn't been excited about it due to the messy pups that had come home each nut with mud clinging to them from every strand of hair on their bodies. He heard what she had said and upon looking up he saw her ear and the drying blood on her white fur. He stops his excavation to go in and tend to the wound, licking it carefully to give it the extra healing properties of his saliva having noticed that when one licked a wound it tended not to get infected unlike if one didn't lick it. He also removes the stains of crimson from her fur with his grooming before he said anything more, "Mhm." was his response to what she had said not wanting to start an argument or fight with her about it. Besides she was hurt and what was more important now was taking care of her not fighting about who had been wrong or right about something as it was over now, his pup like mind didn't really tend to dwell so long on matters. They were thought upon in detail for a moment or so before something more interesting or important caught his interest and then it was gone from his mind just as quickly as the next thing to enter it.
Back to top Go down
UrufuChi
` dispersal

UrufuChi

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2010, 10:28 pm

Moonlight slowly falls asleep but suddenly awakes when he starts licking her ear. It twiched at each lick then it flopped when he finished. She growled quietly when he groomed her fur. She closed her eyes and stays curled up. She wondered why he hadn't scolded her about fighting. She sighs and spoke in whisper "I'm surprised you havn't yelled at me for fighting."
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2010, 10:40 pm

Jay is taken aback when he hears her proclamation about him yelling at her for fighting. "I make peace...not war." he explains it was the only thing he could really think of to try and give her the reasoning behind it. It hadn't been even on his mind and found it rather odd she had brought such a thing up. Perhaps her parents used to yell at her for fighting, he thought to himself trying to give himself a reason as to why she would even bring it up. "Besides me yelling at you wouldn't that kind of be hypocritical?" he asks her after finishing up cleaning her fur, the growl she had given him was something he had questioned but hadn't let it stop him as she needed the grooming and he wasn't about to let her tell him off for doing it. As much of a scared wolf as he seemed, he was stubborn and when something was set in his mind he did it whether or not someone appreciated it.
Back to top Go down
UrufuChi
` dispersal

UrufuChi

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2010, 12:38 am

[color=red]Moonlight chuckles " Peace, not war. I'm the exact oppisite, war not peace." she shrugs and whined a little when he stopped grooming her. She tends to be moody when she's injured, but it was her. " I don't think so. My parents always scolded me when I fought or even played. Even if it was just wrestling with the guys. They just left me because I never listened to what they told me to do. That's the real reason why I want to start my own pack." she explains and starts to fall asleep not bothering to talk anymore.
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2010, 12:53 pm

Jay listened to what she had to say, he sighs softly after she fell asleep shaking his head as he thought about how she said 'make war not peace'. What she didn't realize was all war ever led to was death, that he knew for certain. His old pack had no problems making war with other packs, they hadn't even done anything other then they felt the others were wastes of space and were taking up their resources. He had seen family members die fighting for these supposed causes that were just a bunch of hog wash, they fought to fill their pallets with blood that he knew. They always got excited right before going on one of their so called 'raids' and even after having lost family members they rejoiced after wards howling and dancing at all hours of the night while he had laid inside of a den remembering those who had gone and didn't come back. He went back outside carefully so not to wake her and he continued his excavation of the dirt, not so certain he wanted to stay with her anymore. The thought of seeing her die over something so trivial was almost unbearable, but he stayed there was no way he could risk getting caught in another snow storm at night especially with how it had covered the trees in ice and if it did that to the trees it could surely kill him. So finishing he squeezed back into the den and turned away from her closing his golden sun crest orbs to sleep for the night.
Back to top Go down
UrufuChi
` dispersal

UrufuChi

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2010, 4:07 pm

Moonlight starts breathing more softly when Jay laid down somewhat beside her which told her he havn't left her. She hated fighting actualy, and she hopes to change it but it just keep coming to her naturaly. After two hours went by, she wakes up and vetures out of the den making sure not to wake the wolf. She trots further from the den to find food that'll last for some time. Finding only a couple of deer only three feet away, she gets into her usual hunting stance, her body close to the ground. She crawls into a sun spot and makes the silver streaks along her back shine. As a small doe came over close, she attacks its neck making it a little easier to kill it quick. Once it died she drags it back to the den but made sure not to mess up Jay's work.
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2010, 4:48 pm

Jay sleeps soundly until Moonlight had left, a few minutes after her departure to hunt the nightmares begin and he winces in his sleep from the pain in his side remembering the antler he took to the gut the feeling of it ripping in and tugging at vital organs made his eyes pop open and he pukes not seeing Moonlight plus his mind believing that the dream was still happening he whimpers and covers it up quickly before running out of the den. Flinging his body out into the cold crisp night already panting heavily from the nightmare that had taken over his dreams he runs blindly through the frozen forest. He was spooked, his tail between his legs and he ran like he had never run before nothing but a streak of fur through the forest now as he flew through the trees ducking and dodging tree branches and trunks that were in his path. Screams of 'Mommy!' as he thought he was chasing her trying to stop her from leaving him to prove he was okay that he wasn't going to die, she didn't need to leave him...but when his legs finally gave out he was met with the still darkness of night angered as he lay there having fallen and unable to get up as his muscles energy was completely spent he sobs silently realizing she wasn't there having left him again if only this time in a dream he still hadn't realized.
Back to top Go down
UrufuChi
` dispersal

UrufuChi

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2010, 5:23 pm

[color=red]Moonlight heads into the den when she hears the wolf panting. She licks his cheek " Jay, don't worry. I'm right here." she whispers mother like. She knew it calmed him before, so why not do it again? She nudges him lightly "I have food." she whispers again and walks out of the den to the dead deer. She struggles to get a leg off the carcus and soon after a minute she finally gets the leg off and she brings it to him, hoping he's awake. Moonlight sets it down and quickly oes out and makes a hole bigg enough to fit the deer in. She drags it into the hole and covers it up slightly, knowing if she didn't bury it, it would attract other animals. She lays in the snow, not wanting to go back in again.
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 1:40 pm

Jay wakes when Moonlight licks his cheek, panting heavily from his nightmare the soft gentle mother like tone she gets with him while telling him it would be okay makes him only start to cry softly. It was so dark his tears were hidden and his sobs remained silent, he laid his maw across his fores until he smelled the dead deer. Happy she had been able to catch such a prize and his stomach growling at him that it needed food stopped his tears. He turns around in the small den to scoot forward sniffing at the dead animal carcass in front of him just about to rip into it but he hesitates the last time he had made such an effort towards a kill without first confirming it was okay for him to eat he had gotten in a fight with another wolf. He looks up at her with those big golden puppy eyes and whimpers asking if it was okay for him to eat now.
Back to top Go down
UrufuChi
` dispersal

UrufuChi

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 11:28 pm

Moonlight walks into the den and licks his cheek again when he woke up. She smiles when he looked up at her with puppy eyes "Would I give you a peice and not let you eat it? Yes you can have it." she chuckles and laid down her legs streched out into the snow. She only let her eyes close halfway, sleepyness try to get her but she made sure to stay awake just to gaurd her catch and Jay.
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2010, 12:17 am

Jay in a blink of an eye twists his neck to snap his jaws down around the flesh and rip at it with his fangs, shredding it with his incisors as he tossed his head side to side so he could clip off a solid chunk into his mouth to nom upon with his molars before swallowing it down and feeling it plop nicely into his gut as he enjoyed the enormous bloody chunk of protein and he began the process again his hind wagging lightly behind him while his ears went back on his skull. It was going to take him awhile to fill his belly since all he had been eating were rabbits and now having a large meal in front of him it would be good to get his energy back up especially with recovering from such a severe wound. He was certainly grateful that she had been able to take down such a magnificent meal.
Back to top Go down
UrufuChi
` dispersal

UrufuChi

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2010, 12:34 am

Moonlight gets up to get her a peice of the carcass outside. She moves the small layer of snow and tears another leg off, which was still difficult for her. With a series of grunts and growls she gets it off in a few minutes and walks into the den. She bites into it and shivers from what warmth it had left and tears a big chunk of meat off. Her tail whips snow off of it as she ate happily. After minutes of eating the meat off, all was gone except the bones and the hooves. She chews on a small bone while tossing the remains out into the sparkling snow. She yawns deeply, the small bone still in her mouth "Did you like it?" she asked happily, her stomach filled with meat and nutrients she needed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Making an appearance.
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next