A new arrival to the fields.

How will you live yours?

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Chatbox  

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

Male Registered : 2010-06-01

A new arrival to the fields. Empty
PostSubject: A new arrival to the fields.   A new arrival to the fields. Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2012, 2:39 pm

Ahlah emerges from the small forest on the outskirts of the field, it had taken her about a week to pass through the small wooded area but would have only taken a more physically fit wolf a few days. Her nostrils spread as they took in the scents from the area as she tried to determine if a pack lived there. She was not certain as the smells seemed rather old, but just to be safe she gently raised her head to let out her howl that now a days always sounded mournful to her but instead it was just trying to figure out if there were any wolves still left in the field. It also gave them warning of her presence and that she was indeed no threat to them...far from it she had to laugh at herself with that thought for that's all she had in her lonely days were her thoughts and they kept her from going mad...most days. Her ears were perked as she waited for any possible answer.
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: A new arrival to the fields.   A new arrival to the fields. Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2012, 6:45 pm

Ahlah's heart broke after a few hours of silence, she hated this loneliness she felt digging into her chest to leave a hole where it was burrowing in. She took in a deep breath and started forward, limping as her hip was still giving her trouble as it probably would the rest of her life. She found herself a small fox den that had been abandoned near the outer lines of where the heaviest scents of wolves were, just in case they did live there still she didn't wish to intrude and she started digging as her mind fell upon the memories she wished all too well to forget. The screams of her pups as the bear ate them and she couldn't dig anymore, she collapsed and allow the tears to come.
Back to top Go down
Penman98
` subordinate

Penman98

Pack leader

Male Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: A new arrival to the fields.   A new arrival to the fields. Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2012, 7:11 pm

Brisk had been walking for a while, about an hour or so. He had no idea where he was, but he didn't care. He was in a strangely happy mood- after all, he did just leave his parents' pack. He happily pushed through the tall, pretty grass and continued to walk. But then he heard a very strange noise- a whimpering, almost crying sound. He could easily tell it was a wolf's. It sounded like it was coming from the ground, and as soon as he looked, he realized that he was standing over a recently dug fox den- with wolf scent in it. He stuck his head in to find the source of the noise. There was a pile of white fur, shaking in sync with the whimpering. He was confused, and stuck his paw out to touch it.
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: A new arrival to the fields.   A new arrival to the fields. Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2012, 2:10 pm

Ahlah not knowing how long she had laid there and sobbed felt something poke her side, it caused her to lick away the tears that had flooded her face and turn about knowing that if it had been a predator it wouldn't have merely poked her. She swallows seeing the other wolf, " I am sorry...if I'm in your lands I'll move I just needed a place to rest for awhile." she didn't say why or continue further for she wasn't sure of the young males intentions yet and first would wait to see what exactly it was he wanted with her.
Back to top Go down
Penman98
` subordinate

Penman98

Pack leader

PostSubject: Re: A new arrival to the fields.   A new arrival to the fields. Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2012, 11:05 pm

Brisk jumped when the wolf turned towards him. She was deeply upset, obviously. Seeing this wolf in such pain ruined his mood. "No... you're not trespassing... Actually, if you are, then I am too. I was just wondering... do you know where we are? Actually, never mind that, why are you so upset?" He didn't want to scare her, he just wanted to try to cheer up the female. He stared into her eyes and awaited an answer.
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: A new arrival to the fields.   A new arrival to the fields. Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2012, 5:55 pm

Ahlah the brave soul she was instead put on a smile, " It's nothing really...and I'm not sure where HERE is. A plains I gather of sorts but as to what happened to the wolves I am unaware, I figured making myself a den while I passed through wouldn't do any harm and I made sure to cover my scent markers." He had touched on a sore spot that she had laid bare inside that den but her metaphoric protective walls were starting to make it difficult for the male to get that answer out of her. She wasn't quite sure she wished to share, ' Be careful of strangers when I'm gone.' Her mate had once warned when he had gone out on a hunt she was sure it applied now as well as then. " However I was about to head out for a meal and I suppose two wolves would be better then one." she says starting to scoot forward inside the hole ready for at least a mouse or two since hunting with her hip was rather out of the question.
Back to top Go down
Penman98
` subordinate

Penman98

Pack leader

PostSubject: Re: A new arrival to the fields.   A new arrival to the fields. Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2012, 6:23 pm

Brisk didn't feel any sort of hunger, anywhere. His legs didn't ache from walking, and his throat wasn't dry. The female had a quick change in heart- she changed from sobbing loud enough a human could hear it to asking if he wanted him to be her hunting partner. "Well... I'm not hungry, but I guess there's always room for practice." He remembered what his family had said right before he left. 'Eat all that you can, you never know when your next meal will come.' Then, he remembered what his father had told him. 'stay away from other wolves unless it's a beautiful female.' She was beautiful, and would look even more so if she wasn't in the state he found her in, but he had different intentions.
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: A new arrival to the fields.   A new arrival to the fields. Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2012, 9:50 pm

Ahlah laughs a little, " I'm afraid the only thing to catch here would be birds and mice...and I'm no hunter for birds. Besides its not much, a snack here and a snack there until I can find myself a good fishing hole that is. I'm much better at fishing then anything else now a days." she limped a long and a few mice did jump and seemingly almost right into her mouth. She had done this many times and it could tell for she stepped right where the mice were about to head to force them to make that leap over her paw and right into her mouth where she chewed it up with a crunch and swallowed it down. " Help yourself. There's bound to be plenty in a large field like this." she mentioned, her mind now miles away from what had made the poor female come to tears. Instead she once again had a purpose and that kept her distracted.
Back to top Go down
Penman98
` subordinate

Penman98

Pack leader

PostSubject: Re: A new arrival to the fields.   A new arrival to the fields. Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2012, 11:11 pm

Brisk moved out of the entrance to the hole the female was in, and she walked out beside him He noticed she had a major limp, so she couldn't hunt any larger game. She stepped into the grass heavily, and a mouse- or rat- hopped up into her mouth. After several times of seeing her do this, he decided he would try. He heard a mouse moving around under the grass, and threw his paw down towards it- but heard a crack and a squeal. He looked down towards it, and muttered a small "oops." Hunting mice was not his forte.

He watched the female hunt mice, and thought about how much she had to have done it before. Her diet was probably almost all mice. He decided that she might need a nice change in pace. "I'll be right back, I should be back in about a fraction of a sun." (A full sun is about sunrise to sunset.) He started off towards the deep forest, the thought of bringing back large game coursing through his mind.
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: A new arrival to the fields.   A new arrival to the fields. Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2012, 6:18 pm

Ahlah smiles softly to the nice wolf, " Very well, I'll be here when you get back." she said as she moved to a small mound of grass. It looked cozy and seemed to be a nice spot in the sun to soak up some rays and just catch a light wolf nap. The crying having made the poor thing sleepy she made her way over with a little difficulty on the climb but was satisfied when she did, it was certainly a perfect spot...easy to look over the wide plains and watch as a few birds of prey swooped down to eat the very same mice she had just feasted on. She curls up, laying her chin over her fores as she allowed the suns rays and the cool breeze to softly lull her into a light nap.
Back to top Go down
Penman98
` subordinate

Penman98

Pack leader

PostSubject: Re: A new arrival to the fields.   A new arrival to the fields. Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2012, 9:26 pm

After a short while of tracking,Vita managed to fell a roe buck. He was attacked by a boar on the hunt. It left a deep gash in his hind left leg, and he limped when he walked, but he knew that it would heal soon. He began to wonder what was wrong with the female's leg. As he arrived at the site he had found the female, he saw her napping on a hill not too far away. He knew better than to wake a sleeping wolf, so he ate his fill and set the carcass by her. He was unsure what to do, so he lied down near her and began to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: A new arrival to the fields.   A new arrival to the fields. Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2012, 6:40 pm

Ahlah awoke shortly after the male had fallen asleep, she stretched only to wince lightly at the hip that pestered her. Her eyes closed again as her nostrils flared picking up the wonderful scent of dead deer and close by, her eyes shot back open for her body to rise with her surprise. There it was too oh and she couldn't help herself, he was sleeping and it looked like he had eaten so she crept over. She dove her nose into openings he had already made to feed and found there to be still quite a bit in there for her to have. She ate what she could, filling herself until she was so full she HAD to lay back down on the mound of grass she couldn't have moved an inch further. Her tail wagged softly grateful for the gift the young male had brought. It was nice however painful, a reminder of times past when she ate such things almost every night only to fall asleep gazing up at the stars. She sighed at the pain in her heart and closed her eyes as her body gave in to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Penman98
` subordinate

Penman98

Pack leader

PostSubject: Re: A new arrival to the fields.   A new arrival to the fields. Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2012, 4:27 pm

(Last time I said Vita. Sorry about that, It's my other rping character)

Brisk's legs began to ache for the first time since he had left the pack. That still didn't change his happy, brisk state. But not only that, sleeping refilled some of the energy he had burned. He felt great. He was in a new place, with a new friend, and all his needs were fulfilled. He began to sit up, grateful that the heavens were watching over him. After a short stretch, he stood up and gazed around the area. The hill they were resting upon worked like a watchtower, providing him with a great deal of sightseeing- mountains in the distance, rabbits and mice scurrying from small hunters. He looked back down and noticed that the sleeping female had already found the roe buck and eaten a portion of food.
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: A new arrival to the fields.   A new arrival to the fields. Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2012, 11:52 am

Ahlah slept for a few hours before her body had the energy had needed to finished digesting the large meal and she woke with a stretch and a big maw parting yawn. She had gently pushed herself up off her shoulders to only remain sitting as she blinked heavily to start taking the world back into her mind. It was always strange when she woke, feeling as though she had lived another life entirely and had at times had long talks with her dead mate on whether this was the dream or the ones at night were they had even laughed when they had scared themselves. " Liking the view?" she asks the wolf who was obviously surveying the landscape, she had seen almost everything there was to see in terms of different locations but it was always fun watching how others reacted to seeing such places that at one times would have caught her breath too.
Back to top Go down
Penman98
` subordinate

Penman98

Pack leader

PostSubject: Re: A new arrival to the fields.   A new arrival to the fields. Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2012, 3:56 pm

As he sat, the female awoke. He turned and watched her hazily drifting towards reality, until she was sitting up and speaking. He turned and watched her, but then turned back to scan the horizon. "It's beautiful. I grew up in a single area, and I never really had the chance to see many other places." he stopped for a moment. "I hope I will now." He stood up and stretched his legs, then laid back down.
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: A new arrival to the fields.   A new arrival to the fields. Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2012, 12:12 pm

Ahlah smiles warmly at the wolf, " There are many much more remarkable places then this, but I won't spoil the surprise for you." she says standing to fully stretch then give out a light shake of her pelt to rid her fur of any particulates it may have picked up from the ground while she had napped.
Back to top Go down
Penman98
` subordinate

Penman98

Pack leader

PostSubject: Re: A new arrival to the fields.   A new arrival to the fields. Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2012, 1:07 am

(sorry it's been so long)

Brisk listened to the kind words of the female; it made him more optimistic. He was ready to move on, but then was unsure of where to go. Should he just walk away, and leave the female here? Should he stay here with her? Should he ask her to go with him? After a few seconds, he decided to let her decide. "Well... I think I'm going to move on. If you don't know of anywhere to go, to you want to come with me?"
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: A new arrival to the fields.   A new arrival to the fields. Icon_minitimeMay 1st 2012, 10:17 pm

Ahlah sighs softly, " I'm not sure you'd want me with. I'd only slow you down." she says softly, she wasn't as young as she used to be and with the bad hip it took her longer then most wolves to travel. She knew she couldn't possibly stand a chance of keeping up with the male even if she tried. " If you'll take me though I think I would like to see some more sights before I can no longer make such journeys." she adds, very much wanting to see again some of the miraculous sights nature had to offer.

(That's okay. Been recovering from the stomach flu myself.)
Back to top Go down
Penman98
` subordinate

Penman98

Pack leader

PostSubject: Re: A new arrival to the fields.   A new arrival to the fields. Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2012, 3:52 pm

Brisk tilted his head towards the female when she told him why she didn't want to tag along. He jerked his head up, turned around, and began to walk towards the woods. After a few moments, he stopped and turned around to see the female. "Well, are you coming, miss?"

(I've had that a few times, that sucks.)
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: A new arrival to the fields.   A new arrival to the fields. Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2012, 8:52 pm

Ahlah watched as the brute walked towards the woods, she sighed thinking he would leave her after all and about to decide to stay she heard him call to her. Her ear twisted and she looked back towards him having taken her eyes off him momentarily and she rises, her tail wagging behind her as she made her way over to him. Trying to force herself to go just a bit faster to catch up to him. " I'm coming." she says with a light pant as she caught up to him. " Thanks for having me, I'll do my best not to slow you up too much." the proud wolf in her needing to let him know that she would do everything that was necessary to pull her own weight and if she couldn't she would gracefully bow out.

(Yeah it wasn't fun at all. It's apparently going around along with the flu. :P)
Back to top Go down
Penman98
` subordinate

Penman98

Pack leader

PostSubject: Re: A new arrival to the fields.   A new arrival to the fields. Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2012, 7:02 am

The female tagged along beside him, and Brisk knew she would. She was a slightly older wolf, and he felt that sooner or later she wouldn't be able to hunt. As he walked, he slowed down every minute or so to let her catch up, but did so discreetly. He had no idea where he was going, or if the female had any idea, but he honestly didn't care. He loved the feeling of the dirt against his worn pads, so travel was comforting to him. This wasn't the same for the female; she was slow, small, and didn't really seem to enjoy travel at all. some time of walking, he slowed to a stop and sat down, waiting for the female to do so also. "So, what's your name?"
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: A new arrival to the fields.   A new arrival to the fields. Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2012, 12:45 pm

Ahlah wasn't used to silence when walking but she remained quiet, it allowed her ears to pick up on anything that may be worth seeing. A creek or a waterfall, perhaps even the birthing of some animal since spring was right at natures doorstep now. Her eyes had wandered up briefly to watch as the birds sang their songs to try and attract mates, she had found it fascinating as a pup that it was the males who had to impress the females in their culture and not the other way around like it was for so many other species. When her eyes came back she found the male sitting just a bit ahead of her and she was grateful for a break, once near him she too sat down then lowered her frame to lay on her chest as well not needing the extra strain on her hip at the moment. " My name is Ahlah. What is your name?" she asks curious as to what others called him.
Back to top Go down
Penman98
` subordinate

Penman98

Pack leader

PostSubject: Re: A new arrival to the fields.   A new arrival to the fields. Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2012, 5:35 pm

Brisk watched how the female move in beside him. He watched her hip movement, curious to why she had such a limp. He decided that he would ask her, later. As she sat down, she announced her name. "Ahlah..." he whispered to himself. He had never heard it, but then again he didn't know another Brisk. "My name's Brisk," he muttered out as he turned towards her to see what she thought of it.
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: A new arrival to the fields.   A new arrival to the fields. Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2012, 8:08 pm

Ahlah smiles hearing him repeat her name then nods before speaking to remark on his own name, " That's a good strong name." she says with a soft tone to her voice as she bowed her head slightly giving a light smile, " I've never heard another like it...do you know why your parents gave it to you?" she asks curious if maybe he was a swift runner, as it seemed most wolves were given names that were encouraged by their stronger qualities. Regardless of her past she liked hearing about how pups were given such names, her mate wanting to give their pups names that suited their strongest abilities before they were all killed. A sigh escapes her just thinking about it but she smiled regardless encouraging him to continue the conversation as it had been awhile since she had last seen a wolf to speak with and she did enjoy it regardless of the painful memories it brought up.
Back to top Go down
Penman98
` subordinate

Penman98

Pack leader

PostSubject: Re: A new arrival to the fields.   A new arrival to the fields. Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2012, 8:51 pm

Brisk listened intently as Ahlah questioned him about his name. "Well, when I was a pup..." He stopped momentarily, thoughts of his pack running through his mind. "When I was a pup, my parents could never get me to calm down. I always had more energy, it just never ran out. I could run for a whole sun, and still be jittery when I was done. Whenever I found you, I had been walking for..." He stopped and thought about how long it had been since he had left the pack. "I had walked for about three quarters of a sun, and I wasn't even beginning to feel tired." He remembered Ahlah's limp, and felt guilty if he made her feel incapable. He wasn't even paying attention to what he was saying, he was just rambling on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new arrival to the fields.   A new arrival to the fields. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next