A new arrival to the fields. - Page 2

How will you live yours?

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Chatbox  

A new arrival to the fields.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

Male Registered : 2010-06-01

A new arrival to the fields. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new arrival to the fields.   A new arrival to the fields. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2012, 9:12 pm

Ahlah smiles as she pictured the brute as a small pup and him running around like a crazed little loon. She laughed lightly, it was warm yet almost sad and she let slip a small sigh before she shook her head lightly to pull herself out of her own daze. " Well then it sounds like a most appropriate name for you. You wouldn't know it by looking at me but I used to be one of the fastest hunters in my pack when I was younger." she says, her chin coming up as she looked back on those memories fondly. " My mother used to tell me if I wasn't careful I'd fly away with the wind." she laughs lightly, " You ever think maybe you were given that kind of energy for a reason?" she asks raising her brow line in question as her head tilts just slightly to the right.
Back to top Go down
Penman98
` subordinate

Penman98

Pack leader

Male Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: A new arrival to the fields.   A new arrival to the fields. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2012, 10:04 pm

Brisk let a smile slide onto his face when Ahlah said that she was a great hunter when she was younger. He didn't exactly know how old she was, but she made it seem like she was prehistoric. He had known wolves that had been injured and unable to run, hunt, fight, or whatever their strength was. She made it apparent that this happened to her because of her age. She then asked him if he had ever thought that he was brisk for a reason. This confused him; what did she mean by a reason? Something that would... Save another wolf's life, so to speak? "A reason? What kind of reason?" Brisk's gazed moved to the ground as he pondered about the question. He always did love to run, he never had to slow down and could keep a high speed, but he had never really thought much of it.
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: A new arrival to the fields.   A new arrival to the fields. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2012, 11:00 pm

Ahlah shrugs a little, " I don't know...but usually there's a reason for things in life. At least I've come to realize this many times over...there's a reason I survived when my mate and pups died. Perhaps it was to guide you or maybe it's something else but usually you'll figure it out when or after the reason presents itself...sometimes we miss it all together but there is always a reason." her smile had faded just slightly having to mention the words that still were bitter in her mouth. Her mate and pups were dead. It was a cold, hard fact that haunted her still however her words were never more sincere as she knew there had to be a reason she had lived through such a terrible event.
Back to top Go down
Penman98
` subordinate

Penman98

Pack leader

PostSubject: Re: A new arrival to the fields.   A new arrival to the fields. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2012, 11:17 pm

Brisk's small smile disappeared when Ahlah told him about her history. He turned and watched her explain, and he pictured the scene in his head. Three pups, playing, wrestling, by the den. Ahlah and a male about her age having a discussion. A large Kodiak bear tears through leaving all dead except for her, grieving by her family's corpses... He pulled himself out of the trance. She continued to speak of life always having a point, after hearing such a scene. He didn't want to mention her ex-family, so he simply asked her where she wanted to go, since he had nowhere.
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: A new arrival to the fields.   A new arrival to the fields. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2012, 2:43 pm

Ahlah smiles seeing his unease about her past and quickly changing the subject, she didn't mind and was more then willing to offer an idea on where they should head next. " Well I know of a lake not far from here...it makes for an excellent swimming hole when it's warm like this plus I'm sure we could both use the drink. It also offers up fish and some other wild life if you're interesting in catching another meal, it's about another half days journey from here I believe. Interested?" she asks knowing many different paths to take around the area to get to several different places that held many amazing sites and wanted to know if the place she had mentioned peaked his interest.
Back to top Go down
Penman98
` subordinate

Penman98

Pack leader

PostSubject: Re: A new arrival to the fields.   A new arrival to the fields. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2012, 4:57 pm

(I'm already rolelaying at rabbit lake.. Sorry, but can we choose another location? I just din't want to get too mixed up with that.)
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: A new arrival to the fields.   A new arrival to the fields. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2012, 9:49 pm

(xD That's why she asked if you're interested. If you say no she's going to offer up other places to head to.)
Back to top Go down
Penman98
` subordinate

Penman98

Pack leader

PostSubject: Re: A new arrival to the fields.   A new arrival to the fields. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2012, 11:02 pm

(Oh ok, thanks)

Ahlah began to describe a place that Brisk knew well. Lakes. Deep in his memories, there was a small pup, Sammy, innocently playing on the shoreline of the lake at his birth area. He was a few months old; the same age that Brisk was at the time. They had been closer than any of the other pups were. The full-growns were nowhere to be seen, probably off catching lunch. Brisk sat by the den, the behaving pup he was, until he heard a puppy barking and hollering for help. He ran towards the lake, to find Sammy suspended in the water, not moving. Brisk, being young and naive, dove into the water to help. He didn't think about it, but he didn't know how to swim either. He began to sink. After a few moments he was able to lift his muzzle out of the cold lake and cry. The lake demons pulled him under the surface again, but luckily the alphas dove in and pulled him out. He never saw Sammy again.

Brisk was focused completely on this memory. He was silent for a while after Ahlah had stopped speaking, but he forced himself back to reality. "Uh, I don't really... have a good experience with lakes..." He stuttered as he spoke, horrified of the scene he had hidden in his consciousness for so long. He lowered his head and stared at the ground, trying to forget what had happened that day.
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: A new arrival to the fields.   A new arrival to the fields. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2012, 10:20 am

Ahlah watched as the brute seemed to play out a memory in his mind, her face softened and she looked tired before she looked away. She knew the signs of tragedy all too well and he had suffered some loss in his life he'd rather forget so when he spoke again she swallowed and turned with a smile plastered on her maw trying to make things seem better before she'd respond. " Very well, we can head deeper into the woods if you'd like there's many new things there to keep us both busy. I've heard even a pack lives there now but there's this blow hole in the ground that shoots up water like a whale and if you don't know what a whale is don't worry...the ocean is one of our stops on the way there." she says rising up to her feet, it was slow but she was ready to start off again having caught her breath and her hip only giving her the familiar ache it always did, it was time. " That way." she nodded, she would head back to where she had met those wolves before on the beach and she wondered if they'd still be there. She half hoped they would be so she could see how they were doing but she didn't keep her hopes up as she knew wolves were more nomadic then anything else unless they had pups.
Back to top Go down
Penman98
` subordinate

Penman98

Pack leader

PostSubject: Re: A new arrival to the fields.   A new arrival to the fields. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2012, 4:06 pm

Ahlah suggestion of heading off to the woods took Brisk's mind off of the heartbreaking memory. He turned his gaze to her and shook his head. She stood (slowly, of course,) and only took a few steps before motioning him to move up next to her. Her description of a geyser intrigued him; he had never seen or even heard of something that shot water into the air. She compared it to a whale, which he had also never heard of, but she said it was fine that he hadn't. He stood and moved up next to her, and made an attempt to begin a conversation- "Describe a whale."
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: A new arrival to the fields.   A new arrival to the fields. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 16th 2012, 12:46 pm

Ahlah smiles at the young males curiosity, " Well first thing you need to know is there's many different kinds. I've only seen two but I heard from other wolves that there are at least ten, but the smallest one I've seen would probably be the length of about fifty wolves and it's height well...lets just say they're about half that in height, but I saw them all from a distance so that's just a guess. The one's I used to see when I was a pup were black and white, most of their bodies were black but they had a white underbelly with this great big round white spot where there eyes were. I think it may have been to scare predators off but with something THAT big I wouldn't even want to know what could eat it because it ate things that were sometimes as big as you and I and other times bigger so we never dared get close to the water of the seas." she explains as she continues walking, glad to have the distraction and have someone to share her stories with. " And instead of legs they have these two strange things on either side and a massive tail but on the end of their tail it fans outward to either side, I and others of my old pack always speculated that was how they moved through the water and with the spewing of water into the air it was rumored that they took in enormous breaths of air and that's how they were able to live under the water for so long and that it was them exhaling as they came out the water through the tops of their heads. But it was all just our guessing because really none of us wanted to be that close to it, who would?" she laughs and looks to him now hoping she hadn't just talked his ear off and he had lost interest.
Back to top Go down
Penman98
` subordinate

Penman98

Pack leader

PostSubject: Re: A new arrival to the fields.   A new arrival to the fields. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2012, 1:34 pm

Brisk's eyes widened as his astonishment grew. These were giant creatures who lived with the swimming dinner he ate so often. If he hunted in the water there, he would have to stay constantly alert. Before, hunting in the water was so much safer than hunting on land; deer (or whatever else you were hunting) could kill a wolf with s simple kick, while in the water, if you could swim you were safe. As she continued to speak, Brisk continued along beside Ahlah and pondered about these enormous creatures. After she had finished describing them, Brisk felt that his chance to question her limp had shown itself. He waited for a moment, as to make sure not to cut her off, then turned his head towards her and quietly mumbled. "I have noticed that you walk with a... well, pretty major limp. What happened to cause this?"
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: A new arrival to the fields.   A new arrival to the fields. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2012, 10:35 am

Ahlah had known that question would come sooner or later, he took a bit longer then most though which was thought full of the youth but it didn't soften the pain any to think about but she tried to make it not so gruesome to hear however she only spared the youth the gory details. " It happened at least a year ago now..." she sighs at the thought, it seemed fresh like it had only happened a month ago. "...I had just had a litter of pups. They were only a few days old, we were so happy and in love that we didn't take any mind to the bear that had wandered onto our territory so used to them just passing through..." she swallows hard before continuing, " We didn't know it had the madness that turns even the best of us into savage creatures...it came and my mate fought hard to keep myself and our new babes protected but one male wolf against a bear is no match no matter how skilled a fighter he is...I did my best to try and protect my pups...but for some reason after holding me down and seeming like it was going to eat my leg clean off, it let me go and as I lay there thinking I was going to die..." she shuts her eyes and shakes her head as the screams of her pups filled her ears again. " It killed my pups and then left...I thought I was to die...and I wanted to but fate had it that a neighboring pack heard the commotion and came to see what had happened. They stayed and took care of me, even offered me a home in their pack but I couldn't live so close to where I had just lost my family...so here I am." she said with a certain finality, she really didn't wish to speak on the matter anymore as now the pain of her pups and mates deaths left an ache deep within her chest.
Back to top Go down
Penman98
` subordinate

Penman98

Pack leader

PostSubject: Re: A new arrival to the fields.   A new arrival to the fields. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 24th 2012, 8:14 pm

Brisk's mind was set on changing Ahlah's disheartening mood to a more positive one as soon as she started her painful story. As he listened, memories of his past pack's encounters with the fierce predators shot through his mind like bullets, and he also remembered the beta that defended the close family so aggressively- FallenTree. FallenTree was an older wolf, his vivid, brown coat was speckled with gray here and there. The first bear to ever attack was a large, mean Kodiak. The den area was quiet, the pack was resting peacefully. FallenTree was standing guard, tense with anticipation. He had tracked it earlier that day, but couldn't catch up to it. It was undoubtedly circling the camp, planning, waiting. FallenTree had finally caught a glimpse of it advancing from the thick undergrowth that lay beyond. His next move was certain- he had to protect his family or die trying. He dashed away from the slumbering pack, and hurled himself into the side of the Kodiak, who hadn't even noticed him moving in. The bear fell to its side, and before it could pull itself to its feet, FallenTree had pounced onto its side and sank his muscular jaws into the thick flesh below the mound of brown fur.

Brisk, who had already awoken, sat at the front of the group of his sleeping pack-mates and watched the battle silently. The Kodiak rolled over and smashed FallenTree, but somehow he continued to fight. He clenched his jaws together with all of his force, and the bear's movements slowed until it was dead. After this fierce encounter, FallenTree recovered and fought more bears alone, contradicting what many wolves, including Ahlah, had thought. But, he knew better than correcting her. Instead, he simply nodded and continued to listen to her story. Then, she mentioned that the bear crippled her leg, and let her live. instantly, he remembered 'Everything happens for a reason.' As they continued on, Brisk could tell that he'd better change the subject- Ahlah seemed like she was about to break down crying.

(Ooc: Do you want to go ahead and start another topic at where they are heading?)
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: A new arrival to the fields.   A new arrival to the fields. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2012, 10:14 pm

[Yes. Topic will be posted at the Ocean. Sorry it took so long to respond...I'm still dealing with a lot of things in my personal life right now so getting on is hard.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new arrival to the fields.   A new arrival to the fields. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A new arrival to the fields.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2