Making an appearance.

How will you live yours?

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Chatbox  

Making an appearance.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

Male Registered : 2010-06-01

Making an appearance. Empty
PostSubject: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2010, 2:21 pm

Jay blazes through snowy brush, the snowflakes seeming to explode outwards while he ran through more of the low laying dead brush that was covered in the frozen water. Playing a game with himself as his banner waved boldly behind him as if leading a charge against an unseen enemy. His golden orbs spot the small creek causing his to try and back pedal, a deep inlaid fear of water made his eyes grow big and a whine escape him as he screeched to a halt right at the embankment. He gives out an exasperated 'whew' and backs himself up quickly from lightly frozen creek, if he hadn't stopped it would've meant his death he knew that much. He turns to pad along the waters edge trying to find a safe place for him to cross, his tassel behind him did not move in the slightest as he concentrated on his task not wanting to make any mistakes as he moved near the river that at parts had a light sheet of ice and others were just free flowing water that looked rather intimidating as it rolled over rocks with such a force it sent a chill down his spine.
Back to top Go down
UrufuChi
` dispersal

UrufuChi

Female Location : In your house eating your food

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2010, 7:44 pm

Moonlight trots around in the snow looking around for something to do or someone to find. Her dense fur brushing against the snow covered bushes and trees. Her ears perked to hear what's going on around her to find at least another animal. 'Why am I not in a pack yet?' was what is going on in her head all the time "Maybe it's because I don't interact with other people. I do fight well." She spoke to herself, while looking at the snow she walked ontop of sense her paws were able to stay ontop of it. When the wolf arrived at a creek she looked around and headed one way, not knowing that there was a wolf ahead on the other side of the creek. She sniffed the air to see if anyone was around and she smelt another wolf that was heading towards the other way. She howled telling the wolf that she was near but her howl wasn't a threating one.
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2010, 8:00 pm

Jay hearing the howl he scampers a little ways from the river to yip and bark boisterously towards the strange wolf. His tassel wagging as the other wolf approached and he sniffed the air to figure out a little more about the wolf. Almost as if reading a book he gathers a bit of information, telling him that it was indeed a female wolf as he had gathered from her slender frame and shorter stature her howl having been a sign as well. He could smell her last meal upon her and his stomach growled. It had been awhile since he had seen any kind of rabbit or otherwise, all being too quick for him as they could fly over the snow while he had been drug down into the deep snow ditches.
Back to top Go down
UrufuChi
` dispersal

UrufuChi

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2010, 8:19 pm

Moonlight her hopes were high when she heard the yip and bark, and judges the wolf by it's sounds. Telling that the wolf is a male her hopes went higher, wondering if he was a lone wolf aswell. Her tail starts wagging as she gathers a little more information from him and he did smell as if no one else has been around him. She trots a little faster to catch up to him, once she sees him she paused not really knowing what to say. She didn't want to sound weak but not to strong, a simple 'hey' would be fine but not to her, social was not her thing. Her blue eyes scanned the male sizing him up just for protection if he tries to attack her. How come you're alone? she finally says, starting to think of what she says to young pups that she finds away from their mothers or pack. She was a little nervous but tried not to show any signs of it.
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2010, 9:23 pm

Jay laughs lightly hearing her question, " You act as if it wouldn't be something I choose to do." he says in a gentle deep tone, a more fatherly sounding wolf for someone who looked and acted like that of a pup. He prances side ways across the river watching the other wolf, then he thinks about what she asked him. " Why are you alone?" he asks her wondering if perhaps she had a story behind her own lone trial and the question had only seemed natural to her because of such a thing. His apex tilts slightly to the right causing his audits to flick lightly on his crown before fixating on her again.
Back to top Go down
UrufuChi
` dispersal

UrufuChi

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2010, 9:51 pm

Moonlight chuckles "You act as if I wanted to." she joked basicly throwing his words back to him. She sits waching his every move, her tail still wagging "The reason I'm alone is because I wanted to start a pack of my own instead of joining." her voice was soft, not showing any signs of danger or threat. She looked at the water and crawls toward it, once she reached it she laps up some of it up. She shivers from the cold water entering her body 'So cold.' she thought and raises her head to look at the male wolf." So tell me your story. Don't worry I won't bite. she joked again.
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2010, 10:06 pm

Jay listens and brings his head back at her remark, but then listens to her explain further and his brows raise gently as she tells him of her dream of starting her own pack. She was a bit head strong, but he was uncertain as to how she would stand up to being an Alphess. She was backing down to him which was something rather new to him not sure how to react to it he just stood his ground until she went towards the water. He moves forward to get a drink from the icy waters as well to try and help fill his belly until he could find something decent to eat. Moving back when he caught her own movements his audits dip down until she spoke again which brought them up to listen. " I am just a traveler, I've stayed with a few packs before but I'm certainly not looking for the responsibility of running one of my own...got too many things to do to watch over a bunch of free loaders." he chuckles having called himself a free loader but not much carrying, he loved being the fun guy and doing pretty much whatever he wanted. Oh he had been scolded plenty of times by an Alpha or two, it was one of the reasons he set off from the packs either getting tired of it or needing to because the pack was getting to large.
Back to top Go down
UrufuChi
` dispersal

UrufuChi

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2010, 10:28 pm

Monlight sighs "I'm the same but sometimes it does get abit lonely sometimes. All you're really doing is walking around looking for something to do or just starving.Once you find someone you think will join you but all they do is just walk away. The thing about being the head of your own pack, you do get to lead but it does set up who you actualy are, Alpha or..Omega." she says sounding like she was an omega herself. The wolf gets up and starts to walk where she came from, but colapses from not eating a thing for a couple of days. She growled then gets back up, sniffing the air to find food and backs up into the trees. The river was short enough for her to jump over, so she got far enough then starts running back to the stream and once she reached the edge she jumped landing on the other side. She looks over to the male" If you want to eat follow me, and don't think I'm lieing either." she says in a nice way and starts running into the forest sniffing out an elk that was close by. She soon finds it ,only a couple of feet away from the stream, then slows down so she wouldn't startle it.
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2010, 11:10 pm

Jay listens to her, it was the same thing his father and mother had told him growing up. It wasn't word for word but it was just saying the same thing, he had to want to belong somewhere eventually and yes he knew that outcome would be inevitable. It was why he had joined a few packs before. When she stopped talking and started to get up and back off from the river he watched as she bounded to the rivers bank, instantly he drops and hides his golden sunbursts under his fores his entire body still on the ground almost as if he had fallen over dead from fright. Hearing her tell him to come along he rises up and shakes his pelt out acting like 'Oh yeah, I knew you were going to make it' before he'd start after her. He tried to be as graceful as she was but he was awkward as he hopped slowly through the drifts his weight being his enemy in conditions like these as he just sunk into the snow. He looks for the elk he had smelled as well and upon seeing it he freezes. " Um, I don't think we should eat him..." he gulps softly trying to make himself disappear into the snow and prays that the large deer hadn't caught sight of him.
Back to top Go down
UrufuChi
` dispersal

UrufuChi

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2010, 11:27 pm

Moonlight looks at him then back at the elk, her white fur blending in with the snow, her tail diggs into the snow to hide the black "Well if you want to starve don't, if not then try to keep him weighted down as I try to break it's legs." she spoke as a true hunter, but it actually came by instinct, knowing what to do with an animal bigger than her. She moved slightly into a ray of sun, which made the silver that ran down the middle of her back, shine to get the elks attention."When I say attack it from behind." her voice was still soft but was in a whisper so the animal wouldn't hear her. The wolf moved again making the silver shine more, as the elk stares at it. The animal starts to walk closer to her, it soon stopped only a couple of inches away, close enough for her to break it's legs. Once the elk tugged on the silver strands she jumps toward its legs[/color]"Now! she commanded as she wounded only one leg which made the animal limp as it tried to get away.
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2010, 11:38 pm

Jay tries to say something before she attacks but it's too late, the rabid elk now turning to try and bring it's antlers down into the other wolf he lunges forward grabbing onto the solid rack like a stick one sharp point tearing into the outside of his lip and gums he did not let go. " RUN!" he mumbles through clenched teeth to her hoping that by her biting into the things ankle that she didn't draw blood and contract the deadly virus. The large deers pupils were largely dilated to the point there was no way he was seeing what was really there, being it attacked the nervous system it was likely it was hallucinating. " RABID!" he finally is able to mumble again after being jerked around by the elk for a few minutes before it had gotten tired enough to rest for a second before it thrashed wildly again. He lets go, going flying as the thing had tried to take a bite out of him! He didn't look back, if she hadn't fled he had done all he could and he took tail to the wind.
Back to top Go down
UrufuChi
` dispersal

UrufuChi

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2010, 11:54 pm

Moonlight perked her ears hearing his warnings and took them. She lets go of it, kicks snow into it's eyes and runs away, fast, her paws once again made her stay above the snow. The snow flowing past her quickly, her fur flowing with the wind that blew onto her and her steps were soft which made her fast. She looked over to the male who was only a tail behind" Heh, not so bad for detecting things like that." she complemented, then looks ahead and jumps over the stream that quickly came to her. Then stops with a small tumble into a pile of snow, once the snow had collapsed with a small amount she gets out of the pile and shakes it off."Sure knows how to pull up a fight. I love a challenge." she says while panting slightly and sits."Rabid yet fun, by the way I'm Moonlight. What's your name?" she says to the male.
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2010, 12:08 am

Jay responded immediately to her compliment, " It wasn't anything but knowledge...I'm used to the frozen tundras, a lone elk without a herd around it tends to mean rabies more times then not...just in case you were wondering..." he says, having run the length of the river to the spot where it trickled he easily jumped the stream too watching as she tumbled coming to a halt himself. Hearing her words about loving a fight and rabid but fun his dial turns to the left as he questioned himself, 'what kind of wolf have I met that finds rabies fun?' soon after wards stumbling out with his name. " Name? Uh, Jay." he says plopping down on his hinds to lift his back right hind and scratch vigorously at the large plumage of fur upon his neck, using the off white/clear claws to get through the thick pelt to the itchy scalp underneath.
Back to top Go down
UrufuChi
` dispersal

UrufuChi

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2010, 1:05 am

Moonlightchuckles"Well I more of an attack first, type of person." she nodded when he said his name then shakes again to get the rest of the snow off her."Oh, and just to tell you, I've been alone ever sense I was born. So some wolves think I'm wierd, since I think toying with rabids are fun. I do have my ways when I play." she looked around sniffing the air for another meal but something smaller. 'Why not trust him, he seems honest anyway. Either way if he tries something he better put up a good fight.' she thought as she walked past Jay and signles him to follow her." You seem truthful enough for me to trust you. So for me to show you somthing cool you must promise not to show or tell any other wolf." she says while walking forward only focusing were she's walking. What she is going to show him is a secret place where she goes to when she's stressed, wants to howl or even escapingto the woods. A clif that the stream falls down into a lake that is barely frozen, the stream wasn't big so it didn't make much noise as a waterfall did but the cliff was high enough to seem like you're close to the sky then ground.
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2010, 1:20 am

Jay yawns softly before turning to head the other way, " I'm sorry but I must be on my way. It's going to get very cold tonight and I must find a nice warm den for the night. Maybe I'll see you around sometime." he says before setting off down the creek once more which steadily turned into a river. It had been nice to run into another wolf and try for a meal but not having any success he'd have to bunker in. This wilderness was just too unforgiving and he was far behind any herds having been sick for awhile from eating something bad he had been left for dead. However he knew that to live continuing to follow where the herds and flocks of birds had all gone to was his best bet for staying alive. He moves quickly sniffing the air trying to pick up on old scents of perhaps foxes or ground hogs, something where he could dig it out to make himself a nice temporary den to hunker in for the night.
Back to top Go down
UrufuChi
` dispersal

UrufuChi

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2010, 1:46 am

Moonlight chuckles again"Alright your lost. If you can't find any warm place, follow the creek this way and find a pair of very thick bushes. Howl if you find it." she called back and soon disappeared from sight. Once she followed her own directions, she jumped throught the pair of bushes and into a hole that was dug far enough from the egde like there was a colony living there. If was very spacey and big enough for a clan of wolves, who knew there would be such a place. While walking the dirt paths she finds and opening to see outside then lays down laying her head on her crossed paws to watch the sun go down and the moon rise. She loved to look at the moon, that is why she loved being called Moonlight instead of Urufu, she would always find an opening to see the moon and howl. She gave a small bark which echoed far across the wide opening and chuckled"Lets see if anyone would reply." she said to herself her ears perked high to hear if anyone did. She actualy hoped Jay would come, which was very wierd to her 'Maybe, maybe not.'
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2010, 12:39 pm

Jay had searched for another den until late in the night, not finding one the shivering male makes his way back to where Moonlight had said the thicket of brush was. He was having a hard time finding it, with it so cold and the wind whipping his gold fur around it was beyond impossible to catch her scent. It begins to snow and he thinks to himself, ' Oh great ya big idiot, you should have just went to the den. But no you had to be all headstrong and push out to find your own den for the night.' He was having a hard time finding his own paw prints back to the spot where he had left her. " CRAP! OH CRAP!" he whimpers and searches the ground biting at the snow, " NO! They have to be here!" he sits down on his hinds as his audits laid down to keep the bitter cold frozen water from getting in. He shuts his eyes as it stings them to keep them open much. His only hope was to throw his head back and howl, a prayer went with it because if she didn't hear him past the howl of the strong winds he was done for.
Back to top Go down
UrufuChi
` dispersal

UrufuChi

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. Icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2010, 1:54 am

Moonlight quickly wakes up from a howl "Jay?" she gets out of the den and ran to where she heard it "Jay!" she finds the helpless wolf and helps him to the den then brings him into a room that was some-what warm. She lays close beside him to keep him warm. "This place does get very cold and windy at night." she says soflty and tiredly ' Wonder what he's going to do tomarrow night.' she thought. Her thick fur sent heat waves through out the dirt room. She shook a little from feeling the cold from his fur "So will you try to find a den by yourself next time?" she joked a little then starts to wait untill he fell asleep. She got up, walked out and poked the entrance with her nose for only a sheet of dirt to fall to keep the heat inside the room . The wolf then walks back to where she was laying before and starts to fall asleep while some moon light shined on her. She fell asleep with only one thing on her mind, what is she going to do tomarrow.
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. Icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2010, 10:43 am

Jay was relieved when he saw the wolf he had met burst through the brush in front of him, he whines softly to indicate he wasn't in very good shape. When she began to lead him to the den he followed but his movements were slow and rickety his joints just feeling as though they were frozen solid every move he was making was hurting. Once they got there he didn't hesitate to enter the den to get warm, his pink ribbon tongue slipping over his pelt to rid it of the cold frozen water there. His audits flicker forward as she softly told him what he already knew. As she was thinking of what she would do tomorrow he kept thinking he didn't know what he was going to do tomorrow as he slowly started to get warm and sleep started to droop his heavy eyelids.
Back to top Go down
UrufuChi
` dispersal

UrufuChi

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 4:19 am

Next Day

Moonlight wakes up from the bright sun being in her eyes and yawns. She gets up, walks over to the room the wolf was in and scratches the sheet of dirt making it fall bringing sunlight into the room. "Jay, wake up." she says mother like and nudged him with her nose lightly to wake him up. She then exits the den to find a decent meal that isn't rabid, after minutes of searching she brings back a couple of rabbits big enough to sustain the two's hunger. She brings her catch to the sleepy wolf and grabs one bringing it to her spot to eat it but before eating she shook off the snow that was on her fur. " I hope I can stay with this one for awhile and actually have a friend. That's what dad gets for mating with mom, a shy non-social person. And what do I get, part of her genes and my dads, a cocky fighter. Ugh so difficult being a lone wolf." she complained to herself aloud not knowing that someone was listening. She began eating her catch while watching some of the animal herds below walk across the snowy white ground.
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2010, 11:20 pm

Jay grumps when he's nudged and refuses to do as the voice bids, waking up was not on his list right now as he turns his head to crane his neck backwards away from whoever was trying to make him move. He slept until he smelled rabbit in front of him, he was awake but somehow rather none functioning or alert while his heavily laden lids open to reveal his sunbursts. Giving out a long, loud and sometimes annoying yawn, after closing his maw he shook his dial as if trying to rid the sleep from himself. Then his audits perk forward as he catches her say something about loneliness and her mothers genes with her fathers. He bites down on the dead animal placing a large fore over it to hold it in place while his incisors and fangs ripped into the flesh to get to the good parts, chewing a little on the flesh and fur as it held some tastiness in it. He doesn't say anything not wanting to bother the female wolf who had been so kind to him while she thought out loud. It was something he did often, speaking to himself and it did come off rather crazy looking but what did he care. Part of the reason he felt it was better to be alone with ones self, but he would not mention this to her as she was so driven into having a pack so she wasn't by herself. So instead he ate contently at the breakfast that had been offered to him.
Back to top Go down
UrufuChi
` dispersal

UrufuChi

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2010, 3:05 am

Moonlight bites on some of the meatless bones when she finished the rabbit, keeping some of the best parts for later. She walks into the room the male wolf is in " So how did you like the rabbit?" her voice was mumbled by the bone in her mouth. She sits down and drops the bone by her paws before yawning again, somewhat sounding like a quiet howl. "It was all I could find for right now," She gets up and starts to walk out with her bone in her mouth, "I'll be outside." she says before jumping out and walking to the stream. She drops her bone in it and watches it float away, she felt like playing around like a cub but with who or what. She doubted Jay would, since she thought he was just like her father, strict and basically no fun. She howled to see if other wolves were near by or at least another animal, she shakes off the little snow that fell onto her thick fur. "Can't wait for this place to warm up a little." she thought aloud again.
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2010, 3:05 pm

Jay was chewing happily on a bone and sucking the marrow out rather loudly when he saw Moonlight rejoin him in the room. He raises an eyebrow as he listened and was about to answer when she told him that she would be outside. He blinks and watches her leave the den, shrugging gently he gnawed on the bones a bit more before leaving them there to squirm out of the small den opening that barely fit him and his full belly. Bits of dirt fell from either side until he finally pushed himself free, only to fall into a mound of snow. His head pops up out of the large snow drift and he shakes his head panting lightly as he squirmed out of there as well. Then finally getting free enough he bounds through the large drifts that had built up during the nights storm. It was difficult for him but some how through sheer will power his form appears every so often above the drifts just to sink back down in until finally he was at the river, out of breath and leans down to take a drink of some crisp cold water. His golden orbs shifting over the forest to make sure no predator or human was trying to sneak up on him while he was vulnerable to attack.
Back to top Go down
UrufuChi
` dispersal

UrufuChi

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2010, 4:33 pm

Moonlight backs up a little before jumping over the stream to the other side. Her slender form made it easy for her to make it across. She trots along the side of the stream before spotting the wolf again, besides talking to him she just kept on going. She looks around as she traveled far from her den, her ears stayed up as she sniffed around to find any signs of lunch for later. She yawns again before cutting off into the woods picking up the same elk's scent from yesterday "Wonder if it's still around." she says before barking sharply to stirr up anything that was around her. She paused when she hears hooves against the snow and ground "Oh no." she turns and runs not bothering to see what it is. The wolf then hears the sound of the same elk that was charging at her. Running fast, the elk gets closer with it's head down to show it's massive antlers which was pointed to her, it's followed her till she jumped over the stream. It stamped it's hooves in anger while staring at the wolf that was panting.
Back to top Go down
Kihyah
` beta

Kihyah

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2010, 4:52 pm

Jay watched as she cleared the river at a narrower part, he blinks watching her leave he sighs and his tassel swatches behind him as he turns to walk down the embankment. Upon hearing the commotion, he looks across the river as it was wider now where he had walked to it was uncertain if he could make it across. Then he saw her running away from the rabid elk and he starts to run back until he sees her arch over the river to the other side, the animal stopping it's charge at the other bank. He turns back around and walks again along the embankment, he looks back towards her once before continuing on his path. He would get back to the pack that had left him behind, even if they had left him for dead he would show them. He pushes through some snow drifts and soon is lost to the frozen tundra around him, his figure disappearing from the area the other lone wolf seemed to live in but he didn't want to stay around in a cold hell. He'd find something, even if it didn't end up being the pack that left him to the wilds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making an appearance.   Making an appearance. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Making an appearance.
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next